Art supplies doesn’t always have to be expensive. Here are 9 ways to make your own diy paint brush. Not only is making your own paint brush cost effective but it also allows your artist to experiment with different brushes and explore making new marks with paint. This type of art activity promotes creative thinking as your artist must use a tool in a new way. Plus, it is super fun to create, mix and stir paint with all kinds of various objects.
1. Create new textures with this homemade yarn paint brush from Learn Play Imagine.
2. Quick and easy paint brush using household materials from Hand Made Kids Art.
3. Create a super simple pipe cleaner paint brush and other handmade brushes from Teach Preschool.
NATURE DIY PAINT BRUSHES
4. Use a clothespin to hold different objects and experiment with different mark making with Parenting Chaos.
5. Use nature as the paint brush from Left Brain Craft Brain.
6. Use a stick to create this version of a sponge paint brush from Paging Fun Mums.
BRUSHES FOUND IN THE KITCHEN
7. Paint with a licorice paint brush with Housing a Forest.
8. Use the kitchen utensils as your paint brush with Little Bins for Little Hands.
9. Have fun twisty and twirling paint with a pasta paintbrush from Blog Me Mom.
What are your favorite things to paint with to create new types of marks?
For more art activities follow us on Pinterest!