Get the whole family involved in a fun art project and create a family keepsake to hang in the house. This project is quick and requires minimal materials (plus, you can win some of the materials by entering the giveaway at the end of the post). You can find time for this project no matter how busy your family’s schedule.
Red Construction Paper
Clip art outline of your home state
Step 1: Each person chooses one color of paint. Stamp your finger print covering the paper. My family kept turning the paper so that everyone had a turn and could reach the paper. Let the paper dry.
Step 2: Using the clip art as a stencil, cut out the shape of your home state from the finger painted piece of paper.
Step 3: Cut out a heart from red construction paper and glue where your city or hometown is located.
Step 4: Glue your fingerprinted state to a piece of paper (we used white paper). At the bottom of the paper have each person place one fingerprint at the bottom and sign their name underneath. You may also wish to write the date.
Step 5: Frame and Hang! This is a quick way to spend some quality family time and have a piece of art the whole family can enjoy. Plus you can add a geography lesson too!
For more family fun activities follow our Pinterest board:
We are excited to participate in the Ultimate Guide to Family Fun blog hop. Click on the image below to check out all the other awesome family fun posts. Be sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post!
And now for the GIVEAWAY (check out the awesome art supplies plus over $700 in prizes)!
- Forever Keepsake – Family Footprint Frame – The Realistic Mama
- 30 Family Activities – I Heart Arts n Crafts
- Simple Ideas for Summer Family Fun – Lemon Lime Adventures
- Backyard Tight Rope – Kids Activities Blog
- Family Fun Art Project – Hand Made Kids Art
- 20+ Ideas for Family Time – Life Over Cs
- Hiking together – P is for Preschooler
- Family Scavenger Hunt – This Reading Mama
- Family Movie Nights – Artsy Momma
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Free Printable – The Jenny Evolution
- Summer Sayings Board – Edventures with Kids
- Playground Hop – Valley Family Fun
- Hometown Ice Cream Tour – Study At Home Mama
- Mother/Son Date Ideas – The Joys of Boys
- Our Family’s Fun Weekly Buzz – Mama’s Happy Hive
- Parenting Chaos