Looking for a new way to dress up your ornaments? Glass ornaments are the perfect canvas to create your own designer ornaments that do not cost a lot. Using leftover craft material or objects from around the house you can customize the look of your own glass ornaments. Involve the kids and fill the ornaments with their favorite things like bugs, beads, ribbon, old baby socks or even ticket stubs to a memorable event.
For the past two years we have provided various ways of decorating your own glass ornaments and we have collected our favorite ways all together in this post. Scroll below to be inspired and don’t forget to check out the FANTASTIC HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY at the bottom of the post.
1. Cover the ornament with an old baby sock
2. Use office supply stickers to add pops of color.
3. Left over Pom Pom balls is a great exercise for little finger to push in to the ornaments.
4. Glitter Pipe cleaners add some sparkle to the tree.
5. Take a memorable photo and insert into the ornament. Fill the back side with tissue paper so the photo stands up in the middle.
6. Fill an ornament with recycled scraps of fabric and ribbon.
7. Plastic Bugs create a fun and creepy crawly ornament
8. Use up leftover birthday napkins to fill the ornament.
9. Fill your tree with memories by filling the ornament with a favorite ticket stub.
10. Use left over beads to create a colorful display.
12. Twirl scraps of yarn into a fun display.
Pin It Here
This is part of the Festive Family Holiday Blog Hop from Bare Feet on the Dashboard. Be sure to click over to view the entire series.
I’ve partnered with 30+ fabulous bloggers to bring you a special holiday series packed with crafts, activities, and festive family traditions.
10 DIY Keepsake Ornaments from Bare Feet on the Dashboard DIY Christmas Ornaments Inspired by World Cultures from Multicultural Kid Blogs Handmade Kid Ornaments from Hand Made Kids Art 10 Christmas Tree Crafts for Young Children from Crystal’s Tiny Treasures Handmade Christmas Decorations from Peace But Not Quiet Keeping a Houseful of Family Happy from Gypsy Road School Christmas Fabric Wreath from The Chaos and The Clutter Kid Made Salt Dough Paper Weight from Lemon Lime Adventures DIY Shabby Chic Gift Wrapping from She Lives Free Follow Becca Eby ~ Bare Feet on the Dashboard’s board Festive Family Holiday on Pinterest.