Lately all over social media including our own Facebook page, printable coloring pages for adults is the hot new way to de-stress.
While, I am not a fan of coloring books for young children (there is a time and place for coloring but I like to encourage my children with creative prompts rather than coloring pages).
However, for adults….coloring is an easy way to relax….especially for the busy overworked mom!
This post uses affiliate links. Thank you for your support of Handmade Kids Art.
I have always been a doodler. I will doodle on whatever paper may be in front of me…grocery list, notes in a meeting or especially my planner which is almost like a visual journal of my thoughts.
But with the gaining popularity of coloring I decided to give it a try.
Coloring is an easy way to de-stress and relax without much time, money or commitment.
To help you get the most out of your coloring experience, below are our top tips for you to get started.
TOP 5 TIPS FOR ADULT COLORING
1. Clear a space for coloring. This is suppose to be stress-free so declutter an area where you can work. Don’t color at the kitchen table if you can still see dishes in the sink (Don’t stop and do the dishes…just move to a different area where you can’t see the dishes).
2. Don’t use Sharpies (or other permanent markers). I love sharpies and they are one of my favorite art materials but for the purposes of coloring they are not my first pick. You can’t blend colors or add value (light and dark area). Also, permanent markers will spread like crazy (bleed) on your printed paper. But if it is all you have then go for it! The goal here is to de-stress, not have to run out to the store to buy new markers.
I recommend using colored pencils (Prismacolors are my favorite).
Bonus Tip: Be sure to print your coloring page on a heavy weight of printer paper. I like to print on a heavy card stock paper.
3. Put on your favorite music. Stream some enjoyable classical instrumental music or whatever your favorite streaming music is that is relaxing to you.
4. Pick a color scheme for your coloring page. Pick a selected group of colors to color your page. Be inspired by a favorite photograph or picture. If you are looking for color inspiration check out our Pinterest board.
5. Color when your children are napping or are in bed. This is for YOU not them.
(Bonus tip: A glass of wine also compliments coloring but please color responsibly)
What do you think? Are you ready to try coloring yourself?
De-stress and relax today! Sign up to download a free copy of our printable coloring page to get started.
The printable coloring page pictured above you may download and color for free! This coloring page has an intricate design background along with our favorite creative quote from Albert Einstein:
Creativity is intelligence having fun.
I would love to see your finished artwork! Tag us with your finished coloring page @handmadekidsart on Instagram or post to our Facebook page.