Are you tired of hearing, “I’m bored” already this summer?
Fight off “summer boredom” while inspiring your kids to use their creativity with these summer-inspired drawing ideas for kids!
Drawing allows your child a chance to express their thoughts and emotions while developing their problem-solving skills. Creativity is a skill that can be developed. Like any muscle, the brain needs to be exercised and challenged especially over the summer.
You may use the drawing prompts below and draw on your sketchbook or paper or download and print the drawing prompts.
Summer Drawing Ideas for Kids
- Design the ultimate swimming pool
- Draw the world’s fastest water slide
- Design a new waterpark
- Design a playground for the future
- Draw your favorite thing about summer
- Invent a new type of popsicle
- Create a new flavor of ice cream
Use our “Print and Draw” printable prompts to save time and making it easy to get started drawing.
How it works:
- Sign up and Download the Summer Drawing Prompts
- Print out the prompts
- Draw with your favorite drawing materials like colored pencils, pens, crayons or markers.
But you don’t have to stay inside while drawing…
Take the drawing prompts outside! Grab a clipboard and draw on the printable prompts outside or try drawing on the sidewalk with chalk or washable sidewalk paint.